Mindful Containers is a fictitious company that is creating containerized microservice applications. They…
What’s new: There are many reasons you might want to schedule multiple Calendar events with the same Hangouts Meet conference details. For example:
- Setting up separate events for an interview to preserve candidate and interviewer privacy.
- Creating separate events—one to book a room, another to invite speakers, and a third for other guests.
- Running several back-to-back meetings and you’d rather not have to leave and join video conferences every half hour.
In all of these scenarios you want to be sure all participants join the same conference, even if they are on different Calendar events.
To simplify this process, Google has made it easy to copy and paste Hangouts Meet conferences across events.
To change an event’s conference details:
- Open the event in edit mode
- Click “VIEW DETAILS”
- Click the pencil icon to edit
- Paste the code (or full URL) of another Hangouts Meet conference
Note that this experience is only available in the new Calendar for web.