Blur your background in Google Meet
Quick launch summary
To help limit distractions during meetings, you can now blur the background of your video in Google Meet. When it’s turned on, Meet will intelligently separate you from the background, blurring your surroundings while keeping you clear and in focus.
Google recently also launched the ability to filter out disruptive background noise in Google Meet. Together, these features reduce audio and visual distractions and help ensure more productive meetings.
Background blur works directly within your browser and does not require an extension or any additional software. At launch, it will work on the Chrome browser on Windows and Mac desktop devices. Support for ChromeOS and Meet mobile apps will be coming soon, we’ll announce on the G Suite Updates blog when it’s available on those devices.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature is OFF by default. Visit our Help Center to learn more about how to blur your background on Google Meet.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout to eligible devices (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 15, 2020
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout to eligible devices (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 28, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google accounts.