Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for Google Meet on mobile
You can now limit Google Meet data usage on Android and iOS mobile devices. When enabled, this will help to:
- Limit data use, conserving data on your mobile plan
- Conserve battery power
- Lower the demand on your phone’s CPU
Why you’d use it
Google Meet automatically adjusts to your device, network and set-up to provide the best possible meeting experience. However, you may want to adjust the quality of your meeting to reduce impact on your mobile device. The data saver setting can help:
- Minimize cellular data usage
- Maximize battery life
- Free up your device’s CPU and memory for other tasks
When needed, you can use Google Meet in higher quality by simply toggling the data saver setting off.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: This feature will be OFF by default and can be enabled by the user. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning Meet saver mode on or off for your account.
Turning on Limit data usage in Google Meet Settings on Android
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 22, 2021
- Available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Frontline, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Nonprofits, Cloud Identity Free, Cloud Identity Premium. Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers