Enhancing Google Workspace Add-ons in Gmail with Compose-time functions
Quick launch summary about Google Workspace Add-ons in Gmail
We’re enhancing the way you work with Google Workspace Add-ons in Gmail with the addition of Compose-time functions. This allows Google Workspace add-ons to make it easier for you to work with multiple applications when you are working on your daily routine of reading and responding to email. Compose-time functions can help modify and format your messages in Gmail faster by:
- Adding recipients in the “To”, “CC”, and “BCC” fields.
- Inserting content into the subject line and body of the email.
- Inserting message templates for a consistent look and feel for your communications, and more.
Organizations can also create their own compose-time add-ons using Apps Script or alternative runtimes. Use the Google Workspace Developer Guide to learn more about building compose actions.
Getting started with Google Workspace Add-ons in Gmail
- Admins: In the Admin Console, you can specify which applications your users can install from the Google Workspace Marketplace. You can also install chosen Google Workspace Add-ons for your entire domain via the listing in the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- End users: If allowed by your admin, you’ll be able to install Google Workspace Add-ons using the “+” button in the Google Workspace quick access side panel. The add-ons you install will appear in the side panel across Google Workplace apps.
- Compose time add-ons are available now in the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- Available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers (when enabled by admins) and users with personal accounts.