Filter out disruptive noise in Google Meet
Quick launch summary
To help limit interruptions to your meeting, Google Meet can now intelligently filter out background noise like keyboard typing, doors opening and closing, and construction outside your window. Cloud-based AI is used to remove noise from your audio input while still letting your voice through.
We had previously announced this top-requested feature and are now beginning to roll it out to G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers using Meet on the web. We will bring the feature to mobile users soon, and will announce on the G Suite Updates blog when it’s available.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature is OFF by default. To turn Noise cancellation ON, use the settings menu.
- Learn more about how to filter out noise from your video conference on Google Meet
- Go to the Meet homepage.
- Click Settings .
- Select Audio.
- Turn on Noise cancellation.
- Click Done.
Rapid and Scheduled Release domains:
- Now available to all web users in most countries.
- For users in Australia, Brazil, India, Japan, and New Zealand, extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 30, 2020.
- Not currently available in some countries (currently including South Africa, the UAE, and surrounding locales).
- Available to G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education customers*
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits customers
You may interested:
- Update your G Suite mobile and desktop apps before August 12, 2020, to ensure they continue working
- Migrate your users from classic Hangouts to Google Chat, now available in Gmail
- 9 ways to back up your SAP systems in Google Cloud
- Share folders in shared drives with a new beta
- Talk to people outside of your domain in Google Chat