G Suite: Improving the alert center with new alerts and controls
We’re making some improvements to the alert center for G Suite. These include:
- More Gmail phishing alerts
- New data export initiated alert
- New alert deletion option
- Link to audit logs for G Suite Business and Basic domains
Admins only. To use the alert center you need to be a super admin or an alert center delegated admin.
Why you’d use it
The alert center provides a single, comprehensive view of essential security-related notifications, alerts, and actions across G Suite. The improvements will help G Suite admins get more insights and manage their alerts:
- More Gmail phishing alerts – Will notify you when malware or phishing is detected after an email has been delivered to user inboxes, helping you investigate and remove suspicious emails.
- New data export initiated alert – Will make sure you’re aware of data exports in your domains.
- Alert deletion option – Will let you delete alerts when they’ve been resolved or are no longer needed.
- Link to audit logs for G Suite Business and Basic domains – Will go to the specific portion of audit logs to help you more quickly dig into the details of an alert and find more information on past user activities related to this alert.
How to get started
- Admins: Access the alert center at Admin console > Menu > Security > Alert center. Use our Help Center to find out more about the alert center.
- End users: No action needed.
More Gmail phishing alerts – We’re leveraging machine learning to generate alerts on suspicious incoming mail in Gmail. The new alerts will notify admins when malware or phishing is detected after an email has been delivered to user inboxes. In these events, admins in G Suite Enterprise domains can proactively investigate the emails and if necessary, bulk remove suspicious emails from users’ inbox.
New data export initiated alert – There’s also a new alert when a domain data export is initiated. This alert will let admins know when a data export activity has been initiated for the domain. This alert can help make sure admins are aware of this activity in their domains. See our Help Center for more information on domain data export alerts.
Alert deletion option – You can now delete alerts as they have been resolved or are no longer needed. If needed, you can recover deleted alerts within 30 days of deletion.
Link to audit logs for G Suite Business and Basic domains – To dig into the details of an alert, G Suite Business and Basic admins can use a link to go directly the specific portion of audit logs and look up more information on past user activities related to this alert. G Suite Enterprise admins have a direct link to the investigation tool, which is part of the security center for G Suite.
New domain data export initiated alert
New option to delete the alert
Links to audit logs