New user setting to hide or show Google Meet in Gmail
Google previously announced the ability to start or join a Meet call in Gmail. Google is now giving users the option to hide those features.
- Admins: Admins can disable Meet for their organization by turning off video calling in the Admin console. This launch adds a user-level setting.
- End users: No action needed
Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 19, 2020
For all G Suite Customer
You may interested:
- Talk to people outside of your domain in Google Chat
- Connecting to Google Cloud: your networking options explained
- Less secure app turn-off suspended until further notice
- How Cloud AI is helping during COVID-19
- Use groups to manage Context Aware Access for G Suite
- Changes to multiple inboxes in Gmail