Present from Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides directly to Google Meet
As part of Google’s mission to build the future of work, Google has announced smart canvas — a new product experience that will make it easier for people to stay connected, focus their time and attention, and transform their ideas into impact.
In the coming months, they will be announcing new features that will make collaboration a more flexible, interactive, and intelligent experience. Specifically for more collaboration flexibility, you can now present content from Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides directly to an active Google Meet call.
As a result, you can present with fewer clicks, and then once you’re presenting, you can see your audience and your content at the same time back in the Meet tab.
Why it’s important
Google hopes this feature makes collaboration easier by bringing your team together in the places you’re already working, eliminating the need to switch between apps. By helping the conversation stay on track, people can more easily pull content into conversations, share ideas and solve problems together.
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about presenting a doc, sheet, or slide directly in Google Meet.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 18, 2021
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 7, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts