“Show Editors” provides more context on changes made in Google Docs
Quick launch summary
You can now view richer information on the edit history of a particular range of content in Google Docs. Simply highlight and right-click on a range of text and select “Show Editors” from the dropdown menu. Here, you can view a list of editors and their latest edit along with time stamps. You’ll also have the option to open the Version History of the document.
This makes it easier to track edits made by multiple collaborators, giving greater insight into who the recent editors were, what changes were made and when.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about viewing who changed part of a document in Google Docs.
- Rapid Release domains: This feature is available now.
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 3, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, and Education Plus customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers