Smart Compose for Google Docs launching in beta
Last year, Google introduced Smart Compose for Gmail, a feature that uses artificial intelligence to help you draft emails faster. Google is now bringing Smart Compose to Google Docs with a new beta. This feature is available on the web.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Smart Compose helps you compose high-quality content in Google Docs faster and more easily. It saves you time by cutting back on repetitive writing, helps reduce the chance of spelling and grammatical errors, and can suggest relevant contextual phrases.
How to get started
- Admins: Sign up for the Smart Compose for Google Docs beta.
- End users: Once your domain is whitelisted into the beta, you’ll see Smart Compose suggestions as you type. When you see a suggestion you like, press “tab” or right click on your cursor to use it. To turn off Smart Compose, go to Tools > Preferences and uncheck “Show Smart Compose Suggestions”.
Note that this beta will only be available in English.
You may interested:
- Gmail Smart Compose subject suggestions
- Work smarter with the new Priority page in Drive
- Smarter sharing of files with updated Google Drive Access checker
- New ways to help teams work faster and smarter with G Suite
- Smarter Google Forms to save you time
- New grammar suggestions in Google Docs launching to Early Adopter Program