Triage and remediate threats with new investigation tool in G Suite security center EAP
What’s new: We’re launching an Early Adopter Program (EAP) for a new “investigation tool” in the G Suite security center. It will help G Suite admins and security analysts identify, triage, and remediate security threats within their organization. This tool builds on the existing capabilities in the security center to help admins:
- Identify security issues within the domain using advanced search capability.
- Triage threats targeting users, devices, or data.
- Take bulk actions to limit the propagation and impact of threats.
A new pillar in the G Suite security center
IT admins and analysts who operate in the cloud seek tools, visibility, and assistive insights to stop threats or gaps in operations before they become security incidents. This is why we introduced the security center for G Suite earlier this year. The security center brings together security analytics, actionable insights, and best practice recommendations from Google to help you protect your organization, data, and users.
The investigation tool adds to the security center with powerful incident investigation and integrated remediation capability. Using it admins can:
- Use comprehensive queries – Conduct organization-wide searches across multiple data sources, such as Gmail, Google Drive and device logs.
- Delete malicious email – Identify and delete malicious emails from user inboxes.
- Monitor file sharing – Examine Drive files being shared externally, and take action to stop potential misuse.
- Identify correlation – Pivot across searches to connect results.
- Perform device analysis – Suspend accounts or wipe devices that are compromised or running a vulnerable OS version.
- Audit Drive files – Execute domain-wide access changes, and set IRM controls on Drive files.
Early Adopter Program for the investigation tool now open
We’ve been previewing the investigation tool with a small set of testers and customers. We’re excited to extend this capability to more customers through our investigation tool EAP. The EAP is available to G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education domains. G Suite admins may apply with their primary domain on behalf of their organizations. Apply to join the EAP here.