Two new Hangouts Meet tools added to the Admin console
We’re launching two new features in the Admin console to help G Suite admins better understand and manage the usage of Hangouts Meet within their organizations. Specifically, we’re adding:
- Meet quality tool: This tool gives quick and easy access to meeting information in your domain. With that information, you can better understand what happened in a meeting and what might have caused quality issues, significantly reducing troubleshooting time.
- Hangouts Meet activity logs: Information about Meet usage and quality is now available to admins through Meet activity logs (in the Admin console under Reports > Audit > Hangouts Meet), enabling you both high level and detailed views on usage within your domain.
Why you’d use it
- Meet quality tool: Meet quality tool is designed to help you to troubleshoot your meetings. You can either look at one specific meeting or filter for a time frame, location, device or user. The data visible in Meet quality tool is available in the Hangouts Meet activity log (explained below) to enable further analysis.
- Hangouts Meet activity logs: Each time a device or a user leaves a call, an “Activity event” that summarizes usage and quality is generated. The event includes information about the endpoint (such as device type, location, IP, identifier, or call rating), its usage (such as time sharing their video, screen sharing or audio) and network statistics (such as jitter, packet loss, or RTT). Learn more about the data available in the Help Center.
Hangouts Meet activity logs provides data to help better answer questions such as:
- Is video conferencing transforming my organization (and if so, how)?
- Which locations communicate actively and which locations are isolated?
- How many minutes of video conference (VC) are run every day/week for different groups of people?
- Does Meet help my organization work remotely?
- Analyze Hangouts Meet Hardware usage. How does it change over time or location?
- How is my network performing and what is the impact it has on video quality for my users?
- How do users rate the quality of the calls on my domain? Does it vary over time or per location?
- How much bandwidth does Meet use overall and at a specific location?
How to get started
- Meet quality tool: To use Meet quality tool you need to be a super admin or have the correct delegated admin privilege. Follow the instructions in the Help Center to learn more about Meet quality tool access delegation.
- Hangouts Meet activity log: Visit the Admin console and go to Reports > Audit > Hangouts Meet. Here, you can export the data to your favorite analytical tool (using the Activity API or BigQuery for G Suite Enterprise customers) to answer specific questions you may have.
Export the data using BigQuery
- End users: No end user impact.