Update your G Suite mobile and desktop apps before August 12, 2020, to ensure they continue working
In 2018, we began making changes to our API and service infrastructure to improve performance and security. As a result of these changes, some older versions of G Suite desktop and mobile apps may stop working on August 12, 2020. In particular, versions released prior to December 2018 may be impacted.
To ensure their workflows are not disrupted, your users should update the following Google apps to the latest versions as soon as possible:
- Classroom iOS app
- Docs Android and iOS apps
- Drive Android and iOS apps
- Drive File Stream desktop app
- Gmail iOS app
- Sheets Android and iOS apps
- Slides Android and iOS apps
- Admins: Encourage your users to upgrade their apps. If you deploy Drive File Stream to your organization, ensure you’re using the latest version.
- End users: Upgrade the apps listed above to the latest versions as soon as possible.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on August 12, 2020
You may interested:
- Work smarter with the new Priority page in Drive
- Easy access to stream analytics with SQL, real-time AI, and more
- How Cloud AI is helping during COVID-19
- New quick settings help you optimize your Gmail layout
- Migrate your users from classic Hangouts to Google Chat, now available in Gmail