Use custom templates in new Google Sites for consistent structure and design for your sites
Quick launch summary
In addition to the ten existing site templates built for common site uses, you can now distribute custom site templates across your organization. You can create and share templates that work best for how you display and share information within your organization. Additionally, your co-workers can easily access custom templates, allowing them to quickly adapt and use them as needed. This reduces time spent on formatting and structuring your sites, giving you more time to focus on turning ideas into impact.
Share a preview of your templates with co-workers Template previews are a quick and easy way to share templated sites with your team, without necessarily submitting a site to your domain’s template gallery. Simply add “/template/preview” after the site ID in the URL. This will allow any user with read or edit permissions to view the draft site or make a copy of the site. Note that users with published viewer permissions cannot preview a template.
Expanded language support for existing Site templates
- Australian English
- Simplified Chinese
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about creating custom Drive templates.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about creating document templates and creating a website from a template.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 24, 2021
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 19, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Business Starter customers