Use Google Maps in the quick access side panel
Quick launch summary
You can now use Google Maps in the quick access side panel. This means you can use Google Maps to see and research place information on the same screen, which can make it easier to:
- See place details such as location, opening hours, and user reviews.
- Make sure you’re adding the correct location to a Calendar event.
- Get travel times and directions to plan ahead your trip to an upcoming event location. You can add trips to your Calendar to help arrive on time by knowing when to leave. Predicted traffic and transit at the future time of the event is used for a better estimate of travel time.
The quick access side panel can already help you view your Calendar while in other Google Workspace apps, take notes, manage your tasks, and more. With Maps in the side panel, you’ll be able to see more information without switching contexts or using multiple tabs. This will make it easier to plan and participate in timely events.
- Admins: This feature will be on by default for all users with Calendar and Maps enabled. If Maps is disabled for a user, there will be no change to their experience and they will not see Maps in the side panel. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning services on or off for your users.
- End users: If your admin has enabled Maps for your domain, click on the location of any Calendar event to start using this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using the side panel.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 19, 2021.
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on May 3, 2021.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers