Google Compute Engine
Google Compute Engine provides virtual machines running in Google data centers connected to fiber optic networks around the world. Provisioning tools and workflows enable scaling from single instances to global, load-balanced cloud.
These virtual machines start up quickly, come with stable storage, and deliver consistent performance. Machines are available in multiple configurations including predefined sizes and can also be created with Custom Machine Types optimized for your specific needs.
Finally, the Compute Engine virtual machine is also the technology used by some products Google Cloud Platform other (Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Dataflow, etc.).
Some typical features included in Google Compute Engine include:
- Predefined machine types (Pre-configured machine type): Get up and running quickly with pre-made and ready-to-go profiles
- Custom machine types (Customizable Machine Type): Create virtual machines with the optimal amount of vCPU and memory, while balancing costs
- Preemptible machines (Machine-switchable): Reduce compute costs by up to 80% with affordable short-term instances
- Confidential computing (High Security Machine): Encrypt your most sensitive data while it is being processed
- Rightsizing recommendations (Optimal recommendation): Optimize resource usage with automatic suggestions