In the modern business world, technological solutions have become…
You can now hyperlink text on web and Android when composing or editing a message in Google Chat. This update also includes the ability to copy over hyperlinks from other places like Gmail, Docs, Sheets and Slides. We hope this highly requested feature helps your messages look cleaner, more compact and easier to read.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users:
- To hyperlink your text, click on the link icon in the rich text formatting toolbar and enter the URL.
- Tip: Users on web can use the familiar keyboard shortcut (⌘+K on MacOS and Ctrl+K on ChromeOS & Windows) to hyperlink text.
- Visit the Help Center to learn more about adding formatting to your Google Chat messages.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 13, 2023
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on August 1, 2023
- Available to all Google Workspace customers and users with personal Google Accounts