In the modern business world, technological solutions have become…
Last year, Google showed stronger safeguards around sensitive actions taken in your Google Workspace accounts. We’re extending these protections to sensitive actions taken in Gmail, specifically actions related to:
- Filters: creating a new filter, editing an existing filter, or importing filters.
- Forwarding: Adding a new forwarding address from the Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings.
- IMAP access: Enabling the IMAP access status from the settings. (Workspace admins control whether this setting is visible to end users or not) .
When these actions are taken, Google will evaluate the session attempting the action, and if it’s deemed risky, it will be challenged with a “Verify it’s you” prompt. Through a second and trusted factor, such as a 2-step verification code, users can confirm the validity of the action. If a verification challenge is failed or not completed, users are sent a “Critical security alert” notification on trusted devices.
Nếu thực hiện một hành động nguy hiểm, người dùng sẽ được nhắc nhở với thử thách “Xác minh đó là người dùng”.
Note that this feature only supports users that use Google as their identity provider and actions taken within Google products.
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about Google Workspace accounts with security challenges, và , verifying a users identity, and temporarily turning off the login challenges..
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature, you'll see "Verify it’s you" challenges if an account action is deemed risky. We recommend that you enable 2-step verification if you haven’t already.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 27, 2023
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on August 1, 2023
- Available to all Google Workspace customers and users with personal Google Accounts
For more detailed product information or to need technical support, you can contact Gimasys - Premier Partner of Google in Vietnam at the following information:
- Hotline: 0974 417 099 (HCM) | 0987 682 505 (HN)
- Email: email@example.com