In the modern business world, technological solutions have become…
To improve upon the current capabilities of appointment scheduling, the Google Calendar feature that allows users to share their availability via a booking page, we're now integrating paid appointment bookings into Google Calendar. As a result:
- Appointment providers can connect their Stripe accoun to Calendar when creating an appointment schedule and set a price. You can also create a new Stripe account from Calendar.
- The person booking the appointment will visit the booking page, choose their preferred time, and enter their credit card information.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Requiring payment upfront can help small business owners reduce no shows and grow their business further. Additionally, this feature enables you to manage your time and payments in a simple and seamless manner.
Google Calendar will redirect bookers to Stripe, does not process or store any payment info (such as credit card numbers), and will not charge any platform fees. Google cannot assist with any payment or refund issues. Canceling and refunding needs to be handled by providers and bookers via the Stripe dashboard.
- For users on Business Standard, this feature will be ON by default and can be disabled in the Admin console.
- For all other SKUs, the feature is OFF by default and needs to be enabled by the admin.
- Visit the Help Center to learn more about allowing paid appointment schedules in Calendar.
- End users
- For users on Workspace Individual, as the appointment schedule provider, turn payments on by setting it up in the “Payments and cancellation policy” section of the appointment schedule editor.
- For all other SKUs, if enabled by your admin, as the appointment schedule provider, turn payments on by setting it up in the “Payments and cancellation policy” section of the appointment schedule editor.
- Learn more about requiring payments for appointments.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 10, 2023
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 27, 2023
- Scheduled Release Domain: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature exposure) starting August 7, 2023
- Available to Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Education Plus, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, Nonprofits and Workspace Individual