Windows VPS is an effective solution for businesses that need to run…
In November 2021, Google announced a beta for search chips in Google Drive, which makes it easier for users to find relevant files faster and eliminates the need to perform multiple searches or sort through irrelevant results. Search chips are now generally available for all users.
Why it’s important
When searching in Drive, users often use a few key words to try and locate the file they’re looking for, such as “marketing plan” or “sales report,” which may return results that are too broad.
Now, after a query is entered, users can use search chips to surface more relevant results based on:
- Loại tệp, chẳng hạn như Google Docs, PDF hoặc hình ảnh
- Location, such as a shared drive or specific folder
- When the document was last modified File titles only
- Labels are shared
Additionally, you’ll also notice various other improvements:
- You'll see spelling suggestions along with search chips
- You can clear search chips on their own, or together with the query
- Additional date options for the “Last modified” chip
Google hopes the search chips make it easier to narrow your search results and find your important files faster.
- Admins: No action needed.
- End users: This feature will be automatically available. Simply enter a search query and select one or multiple chips to further drill down results. Visit the Help Center to learn more about finding files in Google Drive..
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on February 15, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers cũng như các khách hàng cũ của G-Suite Basic và Business.