Backing up data in Google Workspace is very important for businesses…
What is changing?
You can now limit Google Meet mobile data usage on Android and iOS mobile devices. When enabled, this feature helps:
- Limit network data usage, save network data on your mobile plan.
- Save energy.
- Reduce the demand on the phone's CPU.
This new Google Meet feature optimizes your mobile data usage, making your experience with Google Meet on your phone even better.
Who is affected?
Why do you use
Google Meet automatically adapts to your device, mobile network, and configuration to provide the best meeting experience possible. However, you may want to adjust the quality of the meeting to reduce the impact on your mobile device. Installing a data saver can help:
- Minimize mobile data usage
- Protect battery life
- Free up your device's CPU and memory for other tasks
When needed, you can use Google Meet in higher quality by simply turning off the data saver setting.
Admin: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: This feature is OFF by default and can be turned on by the user. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning it on Meet saver mode or off for your account
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting April 22, 2021.
- Available for Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Frontline, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Nonprofits, Cloud Identity Free, Cloud Identity Premium. Available to all of our customers Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers.