Google Workspace Frontline là một giải pháp tùy chỉnh bao gồm các ứng dụng liên…
What has Google changed?
Office editing mode is now the default editing mode for Office files in Drive on the web interface. Now, when you double-click an Office document, it opens directly to Office editing mode. Instead of the former, double-clicking opens a preview of the document, from which users can choose to open in Office editing mode or download the file.
In addition, with the current version you can still use preview mode by right clicking on the file and clicking “Preview” or by pressing 'P' on the keyboard while double clicking on the file.
Who is affected?
It's important because
This change makes it faster to open and start editing documents. Users can directly edit, comment, and collaborate on Office files using the familiar interface of Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, with changes automatically saved to the file in existing Office formats.
It should be remembered that:
- This change will apply to all compatible Office file types, including .docx, .doc, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx, .xlsm
- Password-protected Office files won't open directly into Office editing mode. These files will continue to open in “Preview” mode.
- If you have the Chrome extension “Edit Office for Docs, Sheets, and Slides” installed, you will be redirected to this extension, not Docs, Sheets, or Slides. This is the same as when you selected “Open with” before.
Let's get started with Office editing mode
- For Administrators: This feature will be ON by default. There is no administrator control for this feature.
- For End Users: This change will happen by default when opening compatible Office files in Drive on the web interface. You can still use preview mode by right-clicking the file and clicking “Preview” or by pressing 'P' on your keyboard while double-clicking the file. Visit the Help Center to Learn more about working with Office files in Drive.
- Rapid Release: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature to appear) starting October 27, 2020
- Scheduled Release: Gradual release (up to 15 days for feature to appear) starting November 30, 2020
- Available to customers with Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education, Enterprise for Education and Nonprofit Accounts and individual Google users.
Contact Gimasys for advice on a transformation strategy that is right for your business situation and to experience the free Google Workspace application suite:
- Hotline: Hanoi: 0987 682 505 - Ho Chi Minh: 0974 417 099
- Email: email@example.com
- Sign up for a free trial: Here.