Windows VPS is an effective solution for businesses that need to run…
Previously announced in beta, several improvements for moving folders from My Drive to shared drives are now generally available for admins and delegated admins. These improvements include:
- Retaining folder IDs (“copyless moves”) to reduce disruption due to the move
- Preventing moves that would exceed any shared drive limits
- Creating shortcuts for any items that can’t be moved, preserving the existing hierarchy as a reference
Why it’s important
Shared drives are a powerful way to empower teams and organizations to store, access, and collaborate on files. These improvements will help admins confidently migrate folders from My Drive to shared drives by providing them with more context on the changes they’re making.
In the coming months, we will introduce end user support for moving My Drive folders to shared drives. Additionally, based on your feedback from beta testing, we are adding the ability to generate a report with more details about unmovable items. We will provide an update on the Workspace Updates Blog when these capabilities become available.
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about Move content to a shared drive.
- Important note: We strongly recommend refreshing your browser before moving folders.
- If you are currently participating in the beta for this feature, all admins and delegated admins in your domain have access to the new feature.
- End User: No end user impact.
- This feature is available now for all admins and delegated admins.
- Có sẵn cho Google Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus và tổ chức phi lợi nhuận, cũng như khách hàng của G Suite Business
- Không khả dụng cho khách hàng Google Workspace Business Starter và G Suite Basic, cũng như người dùng có Tài khoản Google cá nhân