One of the most pressing challenges facing businesses today is deciding…
Google has added 3 new features to Gmail:
- Shortcut to undo/redo in compose window
- Shortcut to strike through text
- Ability to download email messages to .EML files in rfc822 format from Gmail on the web.
Who is affected?
Why you should use this feature
- Undo/Redo: If you need to undo an action, for example when you accidentally delete the content of a draft or an email, you can undo it directly from the compose section. Whenever you undo, you will also have the option to redo, so Google has prepared these two features for you.
- Strikethrough:Strikethrough is a tangible hint that something has been completed and can be used as an editing cue. After receiving user feedback, Google understands that this feature is important to help users quickly compose emails, especially when they want to point out something that needs to be changed or corrected.
- Download as .EML: This format is recognized by other email providers (email clients), allowing you to view email content and attachments in these clients. In addition, this feature also allows users to add these downloaded messages as an attachment in their email.
How to get started
- With admin: No need to do anything
- DRAWTo the end user – New editing formatting feature: Click the format menu in Gmail's compose window.
- For end users – New format format: Click on the three dots icon and select “Download message” to download the message.