Backing up data in Google Workspace is very important for businesses…
In Google Docs, you will now see absence information when replying or mentioning other users in a comment.
When you mention a user in a new comment or thread, you'll see a banner OOO (Out of Office) and information about when they plan to return to work.
For multi-person topics, you'll find condensed information beyond the office. You can select the information icon to see more information about a specific person.
- Admin: has admin control for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more How to add information to the user's Directory profile.
- End users: No action required, you'll automatically see OOO information when you reply or mention users in comments. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how set your OOO status, Share your calendar, or How to stop sharing availability information with other apps.
- Rapid release domain: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting January 26, 2021.
- Scheduled release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting February 15, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofit customers.