Windows VPS is an effective solution for businesses that need to run…
Google is changing options for a more consistent user experience Google Workspace customers join or start a meeting from meet.google.com.
When you click “New Meeting”, you will now see the following three options:
- Create a meeting for later use: Create join information for a new meeting. You can save this information for later use.
- Instant Meeting Start: Join a meeting with one click without going to the meeting green room first. Once in the meeting, you can add other people or copy the join information to share. Please note, your camera and microphone will automatically turn on if you select this option. You can turn them off once during the meeting.
- Schedule in Google Calendar: Go to Calendar in a new tab to create an event with Meet conferencing details automaticallypopulated.
New options for starting meetings from meet.google.com
Users can still enter the meeting code or nickname to join the meeting.
- Admin: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: There are no end-user settings for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how join a video meeting.
- Rapid release domain: Gradual release (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting January 25, 2021.
- Scheduled release domains: Gradual release (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting February 8, 2021.
- Available to Google Workspace Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers. Also available for individual users with Google Accounts.
- Workspace Essentials customers will see the “Schedule in Google Calendar” option, but two other options will be available.