Windows VPS is an effective solution for businesses that need to run…
Google has launched a new standalone Google Meet Web app. This progressive web app (PWA) has all the same features as Google Meet on the web, but as a standalone app, it's easier to find and use, and it streamlines the workflow yours by eliminating the need to switch between tabs.
The PWA runs on any device with Google Chrome browser version 73 or later (version 73 released in March 2019). This means it works on Windows, MacOS, Chrome OS and Linux devices.
Google Meet PWA app (rightmost column, second to bottom) in app launcher screen
Meet PWA app opened for a meeting
- You can allow users Chrome extension can be downloaded.
- End users: This application will not be available until installed on the user's device.
There will also be an offer to try the Google Meet web app in the upper right corner of the main Google Meet opening page
- Rapid Release Domain: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature exposure) starting July 26, 2021
- Scheduled Release Domain: Gradual Release (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting August 2, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers and users with personal Google Accounts.