One of the most pressing challenges facing businesses today is deciding…
Today, we announced the beta of Google Advanced Protection Program dành cho khách hàng của G Suite (Google Workspace customers). Với Chương trình bảo vệ nâng cao dành cho doanh nghiệp, bạn sẽ có thể thực thi một bộ chính sách bảo mật nâng cao cho nhân viên trong tổ chức của bạn, những người có nguy cơ cao nhất cho các cuộc tấn công. Những chính sách này bao gồm:
- Requires the use of security keys for maximum protection against fraud.
- Automatically block access to third-party apps that are not whitelisted.
- Advanced email scanning for threats.
- Download protections for certain file types when signed in to Google Chrome.
Advanced protection for business will roll out in beta over the next few days. See below for more details on how to get started.
Admins and end users
Why do you use
While the individual policies currently available in Advanced Protection are available to G Suite users beyond this beta, the Advanced Protection beta provides a simple package of account security settings. Our strongest account for high-risk users.
Some users will benefit from Advanced Protection:
- IT Administrator
- Employees in regulated or high-risk industries such as finance, government
How to get started
- Admins: Enable the beta by going to Admin Console > Security > Advanced Protection and selecting “Enrollment Enabled” for one or more organizational units (OUs).
- End users: Once the program is enabled in your domain, users in the OUs designated by the administrator can enroll in the Advanced Protection Program by visiting g.co/advancedprotection.
- Note that the user will need two security keys to complete the registration.
Once the beta is activated for their domain, users will be able to opt-in at g.co/advancedprotection. We will automatically enforce a specific set of policies for the users you identify as most at risk:
- Requires the use of security keys. Physical security keys, such as our Titan Security Key, are more secure than traditional 2-Step Verification to help keep accounts secure against phishing and account takeovers.
- Automatically block access to high-risk third-party applications. When users sign up for new apps or services, they sometimes request access to high-risk data in their G Suite accounts. Advanced Protection allows only Google apps and select third-party apps, including those listed by G Suite administrators, to access user data at risk high.
- Note: Third-party apps that don't claim high-risk coverage are not automatically blocked by Advanced Protection. However, they can be blocked through a separate administrative policy.
- Advanced Email Scanning. Incoming emails will have all available screenings for phishing attempts, viruses, and malicious attachments.
- More stringent account recovery: Users who lose both security keys will need an administrator to regain access to their accounts on the new device. This prevents automatic recovery threads from becoming an attack agent.
- Download protections in Google Chrome. We've added a new feature in Google Chrome that will reduce users' exposure to risky downloads. When signed in to Chrome, users will receive a warning saying Safe Browsing could not verify if a file is safe. This will signal the user to proceed with caution and check the reputation of the file source to confirm the legitimacy of the file.