With Google Workspace, retail businesses will enhance customer experience, improve…
Google widely releases 3 Gmail security features. These features were previously in beta. Check out the linked announcements for more information:
- Security sandbox, A feature that detects the presence of unknown malicious code in an attachment by "executing" it in a private and secure sandbox environment. Learn more.
- Advanced anti-phishing and malware protection , Enhanced anti-phishing and malware protection, provides new controls to place emails into a quarantine, protect against unusual attachment types, and protect your Google Groups from fake email sent. Learn more.
- Gmail security mode, provides integrated information rights management controls in your email by allowing senders to create expiration dates and revoke previously sent messages. Learn more.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
When you deploy and manage security tools at scale, you can protect your users from threats more effectively. With these features now in general release, everyone in your organization from admins to end users is safer.
How to get started
- Security sandbox: Note: only available for G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions. Find and enable the Security Sandbox beta feature at Admin console > Menu > Apps > G Suite > Gmail > Advanced settings. Use the Help center to find out harmful attachment detection.
- Advanced anti-phishing and malware protection: Note: only available for G Suite Enterprise edition (Google Workspace Enterprise) and G Suite Enterprise for Education. Find and enable the beta security sandbox feature at Admin console > Menu > Apps > G Suite > Gmail > Advanced settings. Use the Help center to find out Advanced anti-phishing and malware protection.
- Gmail security mode: This feature is enabled by default, so no action is required to get started. To disable this feature, navigate to Admin console > Apps > G Suite > Settings for Gmail > User settings.
- End users:
- Security sandbox: no need to do anything.
- Advanced phishing and malware protection: no need to do anything.
Gmail security mode: Follow the steps at the Help center to Open secure mail.