With Google Workspace, retail businesses will enhance customer experience, improve…
Google introduces new Public Status Dashboard experience for Google Workspace customers. As part of this update, Google is now enhancing the functionality of an existing system-defined app outage warning rule that provides email notifications of service interruptions or outages through the Page. public status overview. Specifically, you can now configure rules to also send Application outage alerts to the Alert Center, and you can retrieve the alerts using the Alert Center API.
Why it’s important
New Public Status Dashboard Experience
After the Platform Google Maps API, the Google Workspace Status Dashboard will soon have a refreshed user interface, allowing you to find and view important service status information faster. The location of the Public Status Dashboard will not change with this update and it will continue to support RSS feed subscribers.
Enhanced Apps outage alerts
By bringing Apps outage alerts to the Alert Center, Google is aligning with other Google Workspace alert types. The Apps outage alerts will share a familiar format to other alerts your organization may receive in the Alert Center.
Additionally, Google has updated the email notification format to contain structured information such as key issue details, the status of the affected services, and a link to the Google Workspace Status Dashboard.
Finally, the Apps outage alerts are now available via the Alert Center API and can be identified with the “AppsOutage” alert type. This will allow integration with your existing alerting or ticketing systems within your organization.
Email Notification Sender Changes
To align with other email notifications from the Alert Center, the sender email address used for Apps outage alert email notifications is changing from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com.
The subject of these emails will not change (it will still be “Google Workspace status alert”). Any email routing or filtering based on the old sender address should be updated accordingly.
How to get started
- Visit the Help Center to learn more about receiving Apps outage alerts in the Alert Center, by email, or both. Note: You will have to take action to view alerts in the Alert Center even if you have configured your settings to receive alerts via email.
- Email Notification Sender Changes: As noted above, please update any email routing or filtering to account for the firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com change.
- End users: There is no end user impact.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on July 19, 2021
- Google anticipates the updated Google Workspace Status Dashboard to become available by July 21, 2021.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers.