With Google Workspace, retail businesses will enhance customer experience, improve…
In addition to appointment slots in Google Calendar, Google is introducing appointment scheduling for selected Google Workspace editions. Introduced first for Google Workspace Individual users in June 2021, the appointment scheduling feature allows users to share their availability via a booking page, which can be used by external stakeholders, clients, and partners to schedule time.
See below for more information and availability.
Why you’d use it
The existing appointment slot in Google Calendar is helpful for internal use cases, specifically . if you don't know who needs to meet with you, but you want to make always available. . For example, professors can invite their students in to office hours each week or HR professionals can share . . . availability for benefits Q&A sessions.
The new appointment scheduling feature is suited for external use cases, allowing external users, including those without a Google account, to schedule meetings. Additionally, with automatic conflict detection Calendar with existing Calendar events, this feature helps reduce time spent finding and rescheduling appointments.
Google hope these scheduling options give users the flexibility to share their availability the way that works best for their particular needs.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users:
- If you have used appointment slots before, you can enable appointment scheduling in your Calendar settings.
- For all other users, appointment scheduling will be ON by default. Visit the Google Help Center to learn more about using appointment slots and appointment scheduling.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 24, 2022.
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on April 6, 2022.
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Education Plus, Teaching and Learning Upgrade and Nonprofit Organization customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Frontline, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers .