Windows VPS is an effective solution for businesses that need to run…
Currently, while working in Google Docs, collaborators who want to present code must paste it into the document and then manually apply styles using syntax highlighting.
We’re adding a new smart canvas feature that makes this process much easier by enabling you to format and display code in Docs with code blocks.
Why you’d use it
This feature gives you the ability to visualize code with industry standards, making code readable and collaboration much easier.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: To format and display code in a Document, choose Insert > Building Blocks > Code Blocks > choose your programming language, or search for @ > Code Blocks > choose your programming language. Learn more at the support page inserting smart chips & building blocks in your Google Doc.
- Rapid Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on December 14, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 3, 2023
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Standard, Education Plus
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, Frontline, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Not available to users with personal Google Accounts