One of the most pressing challenges facing businesses today is deciding…
Last month, Google launched the breakout rooms feature in Google Meet for G Suite Enterprise for Education customers. Google is now offering breakout rooms to customers Google Workspace customers, Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Business and Enterprise for Education customers.
In addition, we’re introducing the following new features to improve your experience in breakout rooms:
- Ask for help: Participants can request help while they are in breakout rooms and moderators can view requests from the admin panel and join breakout rooms.
- Timer/Countdown: Moderators can set a timer for a breakout session. Participants will see a banner to track how much time they have left in the breakout rooms. They will also be notified when 30 seconds are left to end the discussion, and when the time is up, the participant will be prompted to return to the main call.
- Additional Participant Support: Participants via phone dialing can now be assigned to breakout rooms. Starting in two weeks, anonymous users will also be able to be added to breakout rooms.
Get started with the Google Meet breakout rooms feature
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be available by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using breakout rooms in Meet.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release Domains: This feature is available to all users now.
- Available to Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Business and Enterprise for Education
- Not available to Workspace Business beginners as well as G Suite Basic, Education, and Nonprofits customers.