One of the most pressing challenges facing businesses today is deciding…
In 2021, we launched Time Insights, a feature that gives you the ability to better understand how you’re spending your time in Google Calendar. Starting today, you can categorize your time by naming and assigning a corresponding color label to an event within Time Insights in Calendar.
We hope this customizable breakdown feature will allow you to more easily track time spent on specific activities or strategic areas, such as project work, staff meetings, or meetings with specific colleagues and stakeholders.
- Admins: This feature will be ON by default and can be disabled at the domain/OU level. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning Time Insights on or off for your organization.
- End users
- To create a color label in the Time insights panel, navigate to Time breakdown > select By color > click on Add a Label.
- To add a color label to an event, right-click on the event in your Calendar grid. Alternatively, click Edit > change the event color.
- To see your Time Insights, click on Time insights in the left side panel > click on More insights.
- Rapid release domainExtended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 16, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 30, 2022
- Available to Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Plus and Nonprofits customers
- Not available Google Workspace customers Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Frontline, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Not available to users with personal Google Accounts