Trong thế giới kinh doanh hiện đại, các giải pháp công nghệ đã trở thành…
Companies move to cloud platforms for a variety of reasons, but it has become standard practice for every size organization from startups, to SMBs, to enterprises. Each product has its own characteristics and features that the cloud service provider puts on their product. In which, although built in the ecosystem, Google Cloud Platform but there is still a big difference between Google Drive and GCP in supporting businesses on Cloud Service platform.
Overview of Google Drive
Google Drive is a service cloud storage and like all cloud services, works by uploading your files to its own remote servers – freeing up space on your computer. With the benefit of leaving more space on your device for more important things, like installing software, applications and operating systems.
However, cloud storage offers many advantages over traditional storage. Once your files are in the cloud, you can access them from anywhere, anytime using any device with an internet connection. Plus, you can share them with others, which opens up new avenues for real-time online collaboration.
Overview of Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a set of cloud services that provide server space on virtual machines, intranets, VPN connections, storage, and even something called TPUs (Tensor Processing Units).
Core operations of Google Cloud Platform include:
- Google Compute Engine also known as infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) provides virtual machine instances to users to host workloads.
- Google App Engine also known as a service as a platform (PaaS) provides access to Google's scalable hosting service to software developers. Once done, developers can easily use the toolkit to develop products that run on Google Engine.
Difference between Google Drive and Google Cloud Platform
All are the most prominent products of Google. However, if Google Drive is built on top of SaaS (Software as a Service) platform. And Google Cloud Platform serves users under all 3 types of platforms IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and SaaS (Software as a Service). And because of that, there are many differences between Google Drive and Google Cloud Platform in terms of storage, features as well as packages and prices provided to users.
In spite of Google Drive and Google Cloud Platform Both are cloud services storage platforms, but there is a difference between them in terms of storage capacity and how to store and access data.
1. About data storage capacity
- Google Drive only stores data in the form of complete files such as: Office documents (Docs, Sheets, Slides), image documents (image files, Photoshop, AI), software files, applications and PDFs, …
- Google Cloud Platform again supports enterprise server and workload storage.
2. About how to store – access data
- Google Drive stores data on storage that acts like a drive in the cloud and categorizes it by personal account or business plan. Users can expand Drive storage by paying for other storage plans depending on their needs. Access to data stored on Drive is to directly edit supported document files or download them stored on a physical drive on any device, anywhere in the world.
- Because Google Cloud Platform is built to host enterprise server systems, it has a more in-depth level and has more steps to process stored data.
- Different storage classes for every need: Regional (regular use), Nearline (infrequent use), and Coldline (permanent storage).
- Durable: Google Cloud storage provides 99.9% durability of data for a given year. This shows that data persists even in case of simultaneous loss of data on physical and virtual servers.
- Servers are available in many regions to store your data: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
The difference in the offer and the price
Basically, Google Drive Pricing is offered with 3 rates for businesses as a default part of the plan Google Workspace customers by Google.
Besides, when users or businesses have more needs to use, they can just buy more Google Drive storage for accounts that need more.
Google Cloud Platform has a pricing mechanism classified by the rented virtual server system. Google virtual machine (VM) prices vary by CPU and memory type. Users can customize the optimal cost according to their needs, not necessarily using all the services that Google provides. Monthly subscription fees can add up quickly if the device isn't the right size or doesn't have a careful price-monitoring mechanism.
From the difference between Google Drive and Google Cloud Platform, businesses have given themselves an overview of the hosting, features and price packages offered by both services. Enterprises can choose for themselves 1 of 2 or both service platforms with Google Cloud Platform to manage the server system and Google Drive to serve data storage, management and collaboration among employees. your business.
Contact Gimasys for advice on a transformation strategy that is right for your business situation and free Google Drive and Google Cloud Platform experiences:
- Hotline: Hanoi: 0987 682 505 – Ho Chi Minh: 0974 417 099
- Email: email@example.com
- Sign up for a free trial: Here