In the modern business world, technological solutions have become…
If you’re a Google Workspace admin, you can now track the carbon footprint and gross emissions of using Google Workspace. This means you can track the emissions impact of tools such as Google Meet, Gmail, Google Docsand more.
Why it’s important
Google has heard from their customers that it would be helpful to understand their organization’s carbon emissions from Google Workspace product usage. For many of our customers, sustainability has become an increasingly important factor for IT-related decision making and resource allocation.
Google is making this information easily accessible to our customers in the Admin console. Using the Carbon Footprint reporting tool, you can:
- View aggregated emission data for your organization over time, broken down by service. You’ll be able to sort this information, month over month as well.
- You can break down emission data by service, such as Gmail or Drive .
At Google, they continue to make product and operational improvements to reduce environmental impact. Their goal is to run on carbon-free energy, 24/7, at all of their data centers and cloud regions by 2030. Plus, Google is sharing technology, methods, and funding to enable organizations around the world to transition to more carbon-free and sustainable systems — see here for more information about Google's sustainability commitments.
Google uses the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, the global standard for carbon accounting to generate the Carbon footprint reports.
- Admins: You can find your Carbon Footprint report in the Admin console under Reporting > Carbon footprint. Visit the Help Center to learn more about the Workspace Carbon Footprint.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release Domains: This feature is available to all users now.
- Available to all domain verified Google Workspace customers.
For more detailed product information or to need technical support, you can contact Gimasys - Premier Partner of Google in Vietnam at the following information:
- Hotline: 0974 417 099 (HCM) | 0987 682 505 (HN)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org