Backing up data in Google Workspace is very important for businesses…
Google is introducing a connector AppSheet and Apps Script mới cho phép bạn mở rộng các ứng dụng tùy chỉnh không sử dụng code để tích hợp và tự động hóa quy trình làm việc trên Google Workspace.This greatly extends the abilities of AppSheet apps by letting them access the power that Apps Script provides. For example, an AppSheet app can now use Apps Script to automate workflows with Google Workspace using the Workspace APIs for Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Admin SDK, and more – as well as Google services such as YouTube, Google Analytics and BigQuery.
Admins, End Users and Developers
Why it’s important
AppSheet is Google's platform for building code-free apps and workflows to automate business processes. AppSheet works well with mixed data sources, even if customer data is stored on Sheets, Cloud SQL or on-premises database.
You can use the AppSheet Apps Script connector to extend custom no-code apps to integrate and automate workflows across Google Workspace. This is useful in a variety of scenarios, such as use cases in the retail, manufacturing or public sector. For example, you could use the connector with your AppSheet app to:
- Receive employee travel requests via the web, and when a request is made, it can look up the requestor’s manager and send a chat or email notification for approval.
- Allow workers to capture photos from their mobile device for on-site inspections, and upload images and media to Google Drive and adjust Drive sharing settings to ensure auditors have access.
- Manage shift schedules and appointments through a simple web interface, and when a time slot is booked, create an event on Google Calendar with the requestor invited.
- Admins and Developers: As a feature of AppSheet, this will be available based on the admin control for AppSheet. There is no admin control for this individual feature, only a product-level admin control for AppSheet..
- See the Google Developer Blog for more information on Apps Script connector for AppSheet.
- Use our AppSheet Help Center documentation and this video tutorial for more information on calling Apps Script from an automation.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on April 13, 2022
- The Apps Script Connector will be available for users in the AppSheet Core plan and above (available to Google Workspace Enterprise, see AppSheet pricing). Users in the Starter plan can test this feature.
Through the above features, we can see that Google is reaping great benefits from applying AppSheet and Apps Script to extend code-free applications to integrate and automate workflow on Google Workspace.
Gimasys proud is a senior partner of Google in Vietnam and has supported the implementation of Google Workspace solution for thousands of businesses in the country. Contact Gimasys for advice on a transformation strategy that is right for your business situation:
- Gimasys – Google Cloud Premier Partner
- Hotline: Hanoi: 0987 682 505 - Ho Chi Minh: 0974 417 099
- Email: email@example.com
- Free Trial